Pik has several proposals that he believes need to be seriously discussed and planned for by the High Council, and thus the Lower Council.
- We must begin preparations for war now! Gentlemen, we have no army to speak of, simply a City Watch and Reg’s Rangers are not going to cut it. We need to devise a plan to create an army to defend our lands! I propose that we create specific units that will mesh with one another to complement each, but will be distinct in their duties.
- Zion as already begun the plans to create a school, and I think we should continue with that and expound on it, encourage casters/apprentices to begin training with Zion and/or the Beldame (if she is willing) and even encourage relocation to our new kingdom. This Caster Unit would support their units within the army in all things Arcane be it the defense or offense. With that said, the tower would probably be the best start, lets plan to build said tower to show our seriousness.
- We have discussed encouraging Jhod with the gathering of a flock, and I, Pik, would like to begin training those individuals with the knack for a divine purpose. This Unit would support the Army in the way of Divine guidance, healing (spells and bandages), and shoring up the ranks where possible. We could move forward with the plans to build a Cathedral within the Capitol as well Jhod already has a Temple which can serve as a second training area.
- In the areas of Martial prowess, we should look to Reg and Anton. But I would think we obviously need the strength of a shield wall, and spearmen to shore up said defenses. We need to establish a unit, and build off of that. I believe we had discussed building a Barracks and this would be good to move forward with, but that does not necessarily stop the ability to have recruits drill on a training ground practicing Shield Wall Techniques and work in unit tactics.
- Finally, we will turn to Kinkaid to fine tune our scouts, those who would be working in the art of stealth. I am not sure if we discussed a specific building that would attribute to this area, but even still the fact that they work in the art of the un-seen, maybe they do not need a said building and would work out of the building. Recruits could come from different sources, there seems to be a lot of trappers/hunters, who are probably well versed in Stealth due to their trade.
There may be areas I have overlooked, but an Army is NOT built overnight, and I believe we need to start now!