Charters and Legal Issues
Bibliobasilicus Rexes et Mistmarch
The Book of Kings’ Law of Mistmarch
The High Council of Kings shall consist of none other than King Kincaid, King Reginald of Rostland called “Reg”, King Pikandrozonomere of Irori called Pik, King William Marshall called Zion, and King Sir Anton De Mistmarque. Each king occupying one of only five seats, each carrying an equal voice in developing, decreeing, and enforcing law within the Kingdom of Mistmarch. One King shall be designated by the High Council as the Voice of the Council, and in holding such position shall be responsible for the public issuance of the decrees, opinions, and decisions of the High Council.
The High Council shall consist of the following offices:
- Voice of the Council and General of the Army: Anton
- Magister of the Realm: Zion
- Minister of International Affairs: Pik
- Minister of Internal Security: Kincaid
- Hand of Justice: Reg
The Lower Council shall consist of the following offices:
- Treasurer: Oleg
- High Priest: Brother Jhod
- Councilor: Svetlana
- Warden: Sly
- Marshal: Captain Akiros
Only a majority vote of the High Council can make an official declaration of war. In the instance of eminent threat to the people or the kingdom, during which convening the High Council would pose harm, any member of the High Council may conscript an army to put down the threat.
A Lower Council shall serve at the will of the High Council and as such is thereby subject thereunto. The Lower Council carries no autonomous authority. Seats, and those occupying them, on the Lower Council shall generally focus on specific issues of need within the Kingdom, and will be vested with authority by decree of the High Council.
All sworn officers of the Kingdom of Mistmarch are hereby empowered with the authority necessary to carry out the duties of the office for which they are sworn. All official actions of officers are subject to alteration or abolishment at the decree of the High Council.
- The purpose of the law is to promote the safety, prosperity, and endurance of the Kingdom of Mistmarch.
- The borders of Mistmarch are the defining edges of a sovereign kingdom and as such are not negotiable.
- The language of Mistmarch is the common tongue of Rostland. All notifications, State business, and commerce with the State shall be conducted in common.
- If a decree should become intolerable to the citizens of the kingdom, the parties shall gain official audience of the Lower Council. If the case has standing, arrangements will be made that the matter may be addressed before the High Council.
This charter provided a legal mandate to explore, map, and end the bandit threat in the northern Narlmarches and Kamelands. Its dictates were accomplished by the beginning of winter, after about 4 months of work
Be it known that the bearer of this charter has been charged by the Swordlords of Restov, acting upon the greater good and authority vested within them by the office of the Regent of the Dragonscale Throne, has granted the right of exploration and travel within the wilderness region known as the Greenbelt. Exploration should be limited to an area no further than thiry-six miles east and west and sixty miles south of Oleg’s Trading Post. The carrier of this charter should also strive against banditry and other unlawful behavior to be encountered. The punishment for unprepentent banditry remains, as always, execution by sword or rope. So witnessed on this 24th day of Talistril, under the watchful eye of the Lordship of Restov and authority granted by Lord Noleski Surtova, current Regent of the Dragonscale Throne.